- A small amount of CELO is required for transaction fees.
- Follow their directions to create a new wallet. Be sure to store your seed phrase in a safe place (offline preferably). If you ever lose control or access to that seed phrase and/or private key, your funds will be lost.
With the Celo network's Donut Hardfork, which was activated on Mainnet on May 19th, 2021, the protocol now supports Ethereum-compatible transactions. This means that users are now able to use MetaMask to interact with the Celo blockchain and dApp developers can more easily port over Ethereum dApps onto Celo. Here is a guide that details step-by-step how to use MetaMask with Celo: https://docs.celo.org/getting-started/wallets/using-metamask-with-celo
Having just downloaded MetaMask and set up a new wallet, you're likely connected to the Ethereum network. Below we're going to change from the Ethereum network to the Celo network in order to connect to Ubeswap. Manual instructions can be found here if you have any issues or concerns.
Your public address and private key will be the same on both networks when switching between the two. The seed phrase you generated on Ethereum is not in the same format as a seed phrase on Celo. Read more here if wanting to import / export wallets between the two networks.
- 2.Click on "Connect to a wallet" in the top right corner [See Figure 1]
- 3.Select "MetaMask" from the menu that appears [See Figure 2]
- 4.After approving the connection on MetaMask, a prompt should appear. Click on "Switch to the Celo Network" to continue. [See Figure 3 step 1]
- 5.Approve switching networks within MetaMask and then exit out of the prompt. [See Figure 3 step 2]
- 6.Repeat steps 2. and 3. found above to connect your wallet to the website. Congrats! You're now connected to Ubeswap on the Celo network!
Figure 1. Connect to a wallet
Figure 2. Select MetaMask
Figure 3. Switch to the Celo Network